Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Paycheck Game releases note to fans concerning his retirement from the mic...


A very sad day for WV hip hop fans... the one and only Paycheck Game released this message about his retirement from the Mic. Damn....

PAYCHECKS WORDS AS POSTED ON WWW.WVRAPSCENE.COM
i want them to remember what i stood for and what i represented.

with that said, i'm writing this note to let the world know i am moving on with my music and going to spend full time behind the boards. this decision isn't one of those "i quit the board and i quit makin music" only to come back a few months later re-energized. this decision has been coming for some time now, and it comes down to quality of music i make and having the passion as i once very much did for rappin.

the game is much different from when i started. i am in no way saying my age has any factor in this, but my brand of product is not what's selling in this era. And I WON'T MAKE THAT TYPE OF MUSIC TO SELL RECORDS.

but it goes far beyond just makin money and trying to get a deal. this has to do with really not feeling ANYTHING I've put out since The Graveyard Shift. I keep trying to force my self to write to these songs but it feels like it's empty words. the delivery is there, it'll always be there. but the lines aren't getting wrote with that same ol crazy check's hands...they're being written by heavily medicated hands that have lost the edge to pen the wickedist shit you ever heard. and i'm cool with that. so is my wife who has seen a lot less violent tendencies from me as well as i've avoided jail for a couple years so that part of my life's now straight.

my abilities as a producer will be my main focus moving forward, as well as grooming artists to shop,beat placements to heavy hitters in the industry,etc etc.

wvrapscene will continue on as it is. expect to see more members joining soon and make them feel welcome.

to soundvizion: what needs to be said? We family dog I RIDE FOR YOU YOU RIDE FOR ME! Thank you for listening to my demo i made in my single wide trailor with a 4 channel mixer and an extra tapedeck. man was i hungry back then. 6-you're my brother. You've always been my bro. i can't put into words how proud i am of my little brother. you were my competition, my confidant, we still released our first album through turmoil, studio's buring and getting robbed. That album is my favorite out of all em because even on the album cover (a burnt down studio) you could see the struggle that was made to salvage tracks. beans- you a real good friend that i respect to the fullest. Many blunts and many conversations about what's going on with the clique and what's good or bad on the streets. always my source for the hood info. beanz, patience is a virtue...i see you bubblin up!!! Chief, my brother from another mother born on the same damn day as me fuckin chief rocka....my dude....always.

we had some great times as 304 Reconz and i'm just sorry that i had to miss all the great times you had since 6 blew up. you know i'm always there in spirit.

to Meuwl: words can't express how much i miss you buddy. everytime i talk about you i get real mad at you, my grieving stages haven't fully cycled i guess. i mean shit happens sam. it happens to the best of 'em. It DID HAPPEN TO THE BEST. and that's why i'm mad. why did it have to happen to you? you were truly and underground graff legend and so fuckin sick with the wordplay. That whole time in charleston with you, however brief, was one of the greatest times of my life. when we first met we were peers in the game. sam later became a close friend who would do anything for anybody. we really kicked it on that haggard shit.

i'd be lying if i said Meuwl's passing didn't have a part in this decision. i'm still tore up. it's kinda like the day hip hop died for me. i haven't been the same since. love ya, man.

--
for those who don't know paycheck game IS greedy beatz....it was really no secret just a split personality per se.

--

so i'm leaving you with this. i thank everyone of my fans that have ever just wanted an autograph or to smoke a blunt with them. Those who quote your lyrics word for word. All of Webster County now has my back. i thank all the producers, artists, and studios i've had a chance to work with.

I gave this rap shit long enough. I made classic stellar albums that speak volumes of the production value. i made drug songs, sad songs, uplifting music, funny shit. my catalog is stacked. and i own it.

i've helped change people's lives. Grown men have told me that "surrounded by angels" made them cry. that's was my movement. emotional music without being emo.

I'VE PAID MORE DUES THAN MOST OF YOU SO AT LEAST GIVE ME THAT.

i still love hip hop but i don't think hip hop loves me anymore.


so my mind's made up. a great pressure has lifted off of my shoulders. i'll still be around on a random remix or a rare gem but Paycheck IS DONE.

ps the autobiography of the guillotine will be my "chinese democracy"

No comments: