Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Keeping it real with the awesomist" - L No catches up with B Rude... DayOne!



L No and B Rude performing together at the Meuwl Memorial Show in Morgantown...


Keeping it real with The Awesomist

This next interview is one that’s very near and dear to my heart kiddos. That would be of course, because today’s interview subject is none other than B. Rude (aka Skranton Wiles, The Awesomist, Gingerbread Wolfboy, Bruder, Dr. Brudoculous…ok you get the drift). I’ve known B and his brother Mic Rude since I was in the 6th grade, and young B was just the one of the younger brothers taking shit from the big brothers at any given backyard soccer match/skate sesh.
Since then, as many of you know, B. Rude has gone on to release 4 records both as a solo act and with the Rabble Rousers, Killer Affiliates and as Rude Brothers (plus others). He’s also dropped an entire novel of quotables over the years, both on and off the mic. Since fellow Rabble Rouser and Dayone Media founder Meuwl’s passing one year ago, B’s gone through a bit of a transition. He’s most recently been on tour with the new supergroup Dinosaur Burps (with DJ Squeezle, also of Rabble Rousers), and recording for a new album. Spread the awesome, y’all…

L-NO: How did it feel to finally take your live show to some new venues in new places? You’ve been killing it in WV for years now, but this is your first multi-state tour. How did it come about and what was it like?

B. Rude: Naturally, I was kind of nervous at first… but then I just blocked that out and said "fuck it, fuck 'em if they don’t feel it. I like me and what I do.” I came about getting on the tour by perusing Facebook and saw that my homeboy, Raymond Strife, who had been to WV several times on tour was talking about it and I pretty much invited myself.

L-NO: How did the tour go? What was your favorite show? Tell us a bit about it, and any other random tour shenanigans that may have come about.

B. Rude: The tour went really well. 7,000 Miles in a bitchin Corolla. There were some small snags here and there; nothing major though. Just along the lines of bad sound and not getting paid, but I could really care less about the money. I couldn’t really say which was my favorite show but Lansing is the shit. Played with a couple of good punk bands, had a b-boy breaking in Minneapolis, Wisconsin got a little crazy when we took over this dudes apartment after the show. There are some other shenanigans and debauchery that I can’t really talk about if ya know what I mean.

L-NO: What was the worst show?

B. Rude: There really weren’t any bad shows, everybody we met was really cool.

L-NO: Do you have any plans for future tours or local shows yet?

B. Rude: I do believe (there are shows) December 17th at The Blue Parrot, X-Mas at The Empty Glass, and New Years at The Blue Parrot . Tour plans are soon to be in the works for the spring. If anybody has any connects send them to me at b.rude94@gmail.com.

L-NO: How is the recording going for the new album? You’ve been working down in Fayetteville with The Yetti, has it been different recording with a band as opposed to just yourself and a producer?

B. Rude: Recording has been going really well, got some real ground breaking stuff going on. There’s really not a whole lot of difference, because not only are they playing live instruments they also do a lot of chopping and looping with random obscure samples. Benny C. and The Brad are madmen and very talented dudes in the studio.

L-NO: Do you have a title for it yet or are you still working on that? Who is featured on the album? (Either producers or guest MC’s)

B. Rude: The title is still up in the air but we have been thinking of "Mother Nature Wants You Dead", "Things You Can’t Unhear (Yetti Burps)", "Awesome Stuff We Did When No one Was Looking", “Gingerbread Wolfboy & The Chocodile”, and a few others. I got some people I would like to hopefully get on the album, but I’m not gonna drop any names since there’s been no confirmations as of yet. I’m hoping to get an L -NO verse for the album. Most of the production on this will be by The Yetti and the late great Meuwl.

L-NO: Are there plans to shoot any videos for the album?

B. Rude: Yes there are. I’m just more concerned with getting the recording done first.

L-NO: Do you have plans to do an online store or something similar for people to cop the new album when it’s done, or will you be doing strictly physical copies?

B. Rude: I would like to set something up on the interwebs , but I’m just not tech savvy and I’m lazy as shit!

L-NO: How do you feel your newest music represents the Dayone foundation that’s been built over the last several years?

B. Rude: I think it’s going to represent Dayone bad assidly. Shit just keeps getting better, minus the absence of Meuwl of course, but you know you just gotta keep stuff moving. That’s what he would have wanted.

L-NO: How do you plan on taking that foundation to the next level?

B. Rude: I try not to plan too much, I kind of just go with the flow and let stuff happen but I definitely want Dayone/Rawkid to be known nationwide… we'll start with that.

L-NO: Why haven’t you done a producer/MC tape with L-NO yet? Haha…

B. Rude: You can’t rush the awesome! When the time is right (it’ll happen), plus like I said I’m a lazy fat shit.

L-NO: Shout out your people son son

B. Rude: Shouts to beef jerky, cheap cigs and rotgut whiskey. Carpet, people that were willing to let us take over their homes and put up with our bullshit. Medicinal herbs, Newark trap houses, everyone on the tour(Ray Strife, Dinz, Mr. Faricker, Roebus One & everybody else),TJ Sigmon, beer, and all my Dayone Rawkid fam and the whole state of WV!



Make sure you download the first leaked single off of the album "Your Smart Phone Is Stupid" that we dropped first a while back...

B Rude - Your Smart Phone Is Stupid by LiveFromTheDub

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mike rude is a snitch and always will be FYI

Gutta Luvas BDK said...

mikerudes the shit, prick