Wednesday, August 11, 2010

State of the State Verson 2.0 w/ L-No

Was supposed to be posted a couple of days ago.... sorry L-No

State of the State with L-NO!
Version 2.0


What’s good Dub-V? It’s your boy L-NO…back from a brief hiatus to weigh in with my latest “State of the State.” I’ve gotta kick off version deux with the biggest news in recent memory… WV legend DOCeasar will be releasing his next album in a joint venture with SoundVizion Recordings. In my opinion this should be a great move, and expands the markets of both parties. I’ve been checking some new music over the last month or so and I’m definitely looking forward to some of the releases that are about to hit the streets. Daniel Aliff recently hit me with his “Light Work” project, as well as Null & Void’s “Superiority Complex” and I was digging both projects. He’s got a strong lyrical style and a great ear for what kind of beats he rips. I was really digging the local production by DJ Coutz and Profit Money on the Null & Void album. It’s definitely a lot different than a lot of stuff I’ve previously heard from Beckley. He’s definitely keeping Beckley on the map….you can check for these and other downloads at wvrapscene.com.

In “Charleston’s Gotta Problem” news….Charleston’s White Mic and Mack Menace have teamed up in a new supergroup called Click Clack Boyz…they’ve released some preview material, but the new album “Franchize Hustlers” is dropping with an album release party set for August 6 at the Blue Parrot. Check em out!

As you’ve seen by now Profit Money’s double album “Redshift/Blueshift” is out now, and he’s been getting a crazy amount of press for it. Rightly so in my opinion, it’s a great effort. You can see his exclusive interview with me right here!

In other news…Paycheck Game recently announced his two upcoming projects on wvrapscene.com….”Street Value” is coming soon and features production by Marcus D’Tray, 95, Greedy Beatz and yours truly….the first singles “Bring the Pain” and “On My Way Home” are already certified classics. “Autobiography of the Guillotine” is on deck after that…it’s been said that this will be Check’s opus to this point. Check is handling all facets of this one, producing every track, no features that I’m aware of….looks to be an epic adventure. Keep your eyes open for an exclusive in-depth interview with the man himself as we near the relase dates In other expatriate news Charleston via Morgantown via Brooklyn, NY’s own D-Why dropped his latest single License to Chill, produced by Johnny Juliano…check right here on livefromthedub.com for a link….D-Why has definitely carved out his lane, and consistently makes me salty with his fresh gear.

Dinosaur Burps aka Dr. Brudoculous and DJ Squeezle have been steadily making pilgrimages to Fayetteville WV aka Fayetnam to record with the members of The Yetti, who are producing a big chunk if not all of the new record. I’ve been fortunate enough to hear demo cuts of about 7 songs and I’ve gotta say it’s next level. You can take that as bias since B is fam, but I speak the truth! They’ve sneakily dropped a preview of their newest project on Facebook…the track is called “Your Smart Phone is Stupid” and you can peep it out here

No comments: