Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Who is A Breezy?


Who is A Breezy?

L-NO: So, everyone knows you’re in Morgantown now, where are you from originally?
AB: I am from Franklin WV; it’s a tiny little gem in Pendleton County. It’s one stop light, ridiculously tiny…I moved to Morgantown and I think we lost about 90 of the population.

L-NO: Coming from a small town like that, how did you get into hip hop? Who are your musical influences?
AB: One of my friends, Kid Prodigy, he’s a producer out of VA…we became friends my sophomore year of college. He was down in Charlottesville, VA and I went down to his studio and that’s what really got me into it. I listened to some hip hop (growing up), but where I’m from we didn’t even have top 40 radio, it was all country. One day I told him I made up this little verse and he wasn’t trying to hear it at first, but then he heard me and liked it.

L-NO: So you had linked up with Kid Prodigy, who else were you working with prior to getting down with SoundVizion?-
AB: I mean, really I hadn’t even recorded anything with Kid Prodigy. The only thing he had given me at that point was a beat CD full of beats that were for some other artists. He did end up giving me a beat and I ended up getting an interface and a microphone and hooked it up on my computer. I didn’t really know anyone in Morgantown doing music so I was kinda on my own. I ended up recording my first song on my own.

L-NO: So how did you link up with SoundVizion?
AB: I reached out to Eric Jordan on Facebook, and he told me to get back to him when I had something recorded. So I very poorly recorded that first song on my computer and I sent it to a friend in Ohio who mixed it down. I kinda learned (to record) from Kid Prodigy watching him with Pro Tools, and for the most part all the programs I’ve seen like that are pretty similar. I hadn’t really recorded anything before then. It was just the one track, I had a copy of “Body Pop”, it was one of the first songs I recorded and it’s still one of the most popular. After he heard it, we said we needed to meet. So we ended up meeting and everything worked out from there.

L-NO: What is the response you’ve gotten from the album so far?
AB: Actually it’s all been pretty positive. It’s West Virginia, so there’s not too many rude people who will just come up to you and tell you your shit sucks. Everybody I’ve heard from is really feeling it so far. It’s crazy though, I still can’t even believe I have an album.

L-NO: What aspect of your music showcases your personality, like after someone listens to your album what would they learn about you?
AB: Well the album is “The Spaceship Project” and I guess I’m a little out there myself...haha. I’m happy go lucky, you can hear me laughing on all the tracks, and that’s the way I am in real life, always laughing. You can hear my accent so you know I’m from West Virginia, I’m happy to be where I’m from. I’ve got it (the state) tattooed on myself now, and that’s what ended up being the album cover.

L-NO: Going into the second album, what steps do you think you’ll need to take to take your game to the next level?
AB: Well the second album, we’re gonna start working on soon, it’s going to be a lot more planned out. We’ll go in there with a strategy and work towards a certain goal. The first one just kinda happened; it was just me with a bunch of beats trying to see what I could do. E (Eric Jordan)’s gonna have a lot more input on the second album too, so I’m really excited.

L-NO: Who would you like to collaborate with that you haven’t already?
AB: Oooh that’s a tough one. There are still a few people in SoundVizion that I really want to still work with that I haven’t gotten to yet. Those Phyre Squad boys, I’d love to do something with them, they’re really crazy. There’s a lot of people down in Charleston and Huntington I want to work with. I just want to branch out a bit this summer.

L-NO: One of the videos you’ve been in that’s gotten a buzz is “West Virginia Gurlz”, what does being a West Virginia girl mean to you:
AB: That means I’m capable of anything I want to do, I’m independent and I can take care of myself. We’re very nice and well mannered girls, our mommas teach us that. We’re the shit basically to sum it up….haha! You’re from West Virginia so you know; nothing beats a West Virginia girl.





If you would like to contact L-No email him at: JustinLeonardWVU@Gmail.com

2 comments:

DJ Prodigy said...

Moorefield dominates Franklin

HS Football Rivalry! said...

LOL!!!!